Thursday 26 May 2016

2nd KGL

Well, the Peninsular project trundles on. I currently planning on adding a new unit every week. This week I've added 2nd KGL. I think a unit a week, of British at least, will be about right. Next up will be the last unit I'm going to do for my von Lőwes Brigade, the 5th battalion KGL. I'm not going to do the 7th KGL. 
Again, all figures are by Front Rank Figurines and the flags are by Flags for the Lads. All figures are painted in Humbrol enamels. 
This time I've done the back packs the right colour from the start. 

I've also decided on an initial painting plan. My first British force will consist of von Lőwes Brigade (1st, 2nd and 5th KGL battalions); Howards Brigade (50th Line battalion, 92nd Highland battalion, 71st Light Infantry battalion); von Arentschild's brigade (16th Light Dragoons, 1st Hussars KGL); a 'tiny' unit of riflemen; a battery (three guns) of foot artillery. That should be enough of a force to do a small, initial game using Black Powder or Lasalle rules.

6 comments:

Der Alte Fritz said...

Beautiful painting and basing. I like the Front Rank Napoleonic figures very much

Gonsalvo said...

A fine looking unit, James, and your planned "starting force" sounds excellent!

Carlo said...

Fantastic painting James. The Front Rank sculpts really are quite wonderful. You have done a tremendous job on these chaps and I certainly look forward to seeing your growing Pennsular collection.

David said...

Those are very fine James! And in a week! I'm impressed on both counts.

Ray Rousell said...

Great looking troops James.

Yarkshire Gamer said...

One a week is good going at that fine Standard. Nice work.

Regards Ken The Yarkshire Gamer