Wednesday 8 December 2021

Olicanalad's Games reaches 1,500,000 page views!

Would you Adam and Eve it? 

Today this blog went over the 1.5 million page views, and this post marks the event. 

Thank you very much, to one and all, for dropping in as often as you have. I hope you have liked the show so far; there is plenty more to come.

In other 'Blog News', on 7th November this year, this blog was monetised with some content matched advertising (including garden sheds today - LOL). In effect I'm now busking so, if you want to drop a penny in my hat, click on an ad before you leave. Thanks.

There was some discussion when I proposed monetising this blog as to whether or not it would be worthwhile bothering - I certainly didn't know but thought it worth an experiment. In the 24 days adverts ran on the blog in November, those kind enough to visit and click on the odd ad dropped just under £18 into the ring fenced hobby collection bucket: This was rather more than I expected: Thanks, yet again. At the end of October next, I'll cash in and plough the money back into the industry - so everyone's a winner

Next stop, 2,000,000. 

ALL ABOARD!

13 comments:

Gonsalvo said...

Congratulations, and I'm happy to "give a click" whenever I visit!

Vexillia said...

Well done James.

David said...

For me the adverts are intrusive and irritating, spoiling my enjoyment of your blog. Nevertheless congratulations on reaching such an impressive milestone.

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Congratulations!

Chris Hahn said...

Yes indeed - congratulations on making and marking this milestone!

If my sums are correct, your blog has drawn an average of 115,385 visits since its debut in 2008.

While there is much to be said for comparison being the thief of joy, I could not help but note that the estimated annual average number of visitors to your efforts (many are repeat customers) surpasses my very amateur efforts by a factor of 14. And yet, in the words of another practitioner of this hobby or pastime, it is the differences that make it interesting, wonderful, and or worth while.

Well done on your accomplishment! Doubt it will take you much longer to reach that 2,000,000 goal.

DutchArmchairgeneral said...

Every time I visit your blog I am swept away with the great pictures of impressing armies. Surely you must have at least six arms for having painted all those beautiful figures ! (;-))
Of course I will be looking forward to you having your next million vistors !

Eric the Shed said...

Congratulations Sir - a great milestone. Fascinated to read you earned £18 in a month - I am lucky if I generate this in 3 months,

Keep up the good work

JAMES ROACH said...

Thank you everyone, for your kind and encouraging words.

David, I know, buskers can be irritating, LOL.

It will interest Eric I'm sure, that since asking you to click on an ad as you leave (to drop a penny in the hat for the tunes) you've dropped in, an estimated, £5.24 today. Absolutely outstanding, thank you. It's obviously clicks, not visits, that drop a penny in.

Friends Of General Haig said...

Congratulations - a well deserved milestone 👍. Now, I do actually need a garden shed … 😀.

Ratmaul said...

that's an achievment! :)
congratulations!

Shaun Travers said...

Congratulations on reaching such a superb milestone! And glad that the monetising is producing some extra hobby spending money for you. fyi, I may be alone but I don't notice the ads at all - it could be with all the internet browsing my mind just ignores them.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Not alone Shaun, but in case it's because my Adblocker tells me it's hidden two... :o)

Be interesting to know if the moneteizer also allows browsers from Feedly to count?

JAMES ROACH said...

No idea Steve. It me took ages to find how to simply filter ads from this end, not because it was hard to do but, because the page to do it on wasn't clearly signposted. I'd like to change where they are shown - moved to sidebar from page, but I can't find where I do that either (if it's possible, of course).