Friday 11 August 2023

Campaign notes update: Army Lists

Just so you all know, I'm not making any early release of the MS Word files of the campaign rules, lists and other stuff before we've gone through the key features at least once but, following a comment to the previous post, plus a couple of emails I've received, I thought it might be useful to show you these.

So this is the army list for Suchet's Army of Aragon and will probably go a long way to explaining how armies are organised. 

The initial UI strength is noted in bold non-italic font; where there are UI slots available after that number, UI may be recruited above initial strength on the French Drafts campaign sequence card but only up to the maximum shown (division at full strength - no more government budget). 

There is a misprint (now edited): 5th Division's notes should read "This division cannot be reinforced by disbandments".

This is the quality roll sheet for the French. It also shows how cavalry and artillery randomly breaks down by type. Obviously, there will be a maximum number for each cavalry type (what I have on my shelves - E.g. 4 dragoons max.). If you are wondering about Polish Lancers, Ive attached them to a specific division: they appear as a note in the army list for Soult's 5th Division (Polish).

Anyway, for now, I hope that helps a little.

 

2 comments:

Rob said...

I like it, it allows you to create /use multiple divisions without having to track individual units. I wasn't bothered by the absence of Polish lancers but where are Suchets 13th Cuirassiers? They were at nearly all his battle along with the 4th Hussars.

JAMES ROACH said...

I can't field what I don't have (LOL).