Monday 28 December 2015

One more for December - a strangely mixed bunch of Hungarians

Yesterday, I painted the last unit of line infantry for my SYW Austrian army. It's IR 31 Haller. I nearly didn't paint this unit up because, there is something rather odd about it.


This unit consists of a batch of twelve figures I purchased from ebay made up to strength with a direct purchase from Front Rank. 

I didn't immediately notice that, although both lots of figures are by Front Rank, and although the shooting figures all have the same catalogue code, they are different sculpts.
I seem to remember someone telling me that Alec had, at some point, redesigned some of his Seven Years War range. It looks like I have a unit that comprises both the new and the old.
Although the difference is very apparent close up, the older sculpts being much bulkier figures, I doubt anyone will notice during game play. 

Just 16 Grenzers to pant and the Austrian infantry are finished.

4 comments:

marinergrim said...

very nice and until you mentioned it not noticeable at all.

Unknown said...

Once again another excellent paint job, but I have no idea how you paint Base and research and wargame while I have a French Syw infantry on my desk for at least 2 years You put me to shame carry on as you were

Scheck said...

They look fantastic, even if they aren´t the same production. I wonder, how fast you are - one day for such a regiment??!! Chapeau!

Peter

Gonsalvo said...

I would agree, they look super, and in the pics the difference doesn't jump out at you at all.