Sunday 22 April 2018

About to go past 1,000,000

Well, it looks like today is the day. Olicanalad's Games will pass 1,000,000 hits. This bog was started in May 2008, and over the last ten years the monthly hit count has gradually risen. Recently, the monthly hit counter chugs along at about 8,000 in a quiet month and at around 12,000 when I post more frequently.



The USA and UK provide the bulk of the readership, for obvious reasons, with almost exactly similar numbers of hits, with Russia coming a good third. Having lived on the NBC training base at RAF Winterbourne Gunner near Salisbury I wish not to speculate as to the reasons for this but, I know some of the Russian hits are from real wargamers because they email me from time to time. The top ten visiting countries are as follows:

USA  289203
United Kingdom
288484
Russia
70943
France
44002
Australia
35000
Germany
30386
Canada
22926
Italy
21132
Spain
19886
New Zealand
11679

The most popular of my 566 previous posts still available to read have been:

6 Jun 2017, 23 comments
5123
9 Oct 2011, 25 comments
2964
1 Nov 2011, 13 comments
2697
2201
2180

So, that's the news. 

I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone who has visited over the years for your support, encouragement and comments. 

My Best Regards,

James Roach (a.k.a. olicana).

19 comments:

Willie Anderson said...

Quite a milestone James always a pleasure to visit here your tour of the war games room was one of my favourites I've pinched a few ideas from it myself!

Neil Scott said...

That's quite a milestone. Great blog

Vexillia said...

Well done James. Keep going!

Norm said...

a 10 year period of quality posting and sharing is something to be quite chuffed about.

Klingula said...

Thank you for your regular posts. Great blog!
Yes, among the Russian wargamers haha 8)))

TamsinP said...

What a milestone to reach James! And you have passed that point now - 1,000,125 hits when I opened the post :)

Der Alte Fritz said...

Congratulations on hitting the one million hits milestone. Your blog is probably my favorite read.

(Funny, but my top countries list is the same as your's- always wondering why Russia is #3 on my list) 😀

Prufrock said...

Well done, James! A great blog and one of the most admired figure collections on the interwebs, I'd hazard to say. Good for a cool million or ten more, I imagine! Thanks for the inspiration, and wishing you many 6s to come.

Cheers,
Aaron

Colin Ashton said...

keep up the good work Jim!

Ray Rousell said...

Congrats on hitting the 1 Million mark James.

Benjamin of Wight said...

More Power to your elbow, here's to 2 million!

alastair said...

Congratulations...that's a very impressive milestone!

Dave Huntley (sheepman) said...

A milestone to be proud of, entertaining and informative, thanks.
Dave

Kevin said...

I am posting at 580 beyond the million mark but I figure it's a good start for the 2nd million:)

Cheers
Kevin

Tony Miles said...

Congratulations from a mere 13,000 views , well almost, newbie.

Tony.

Shaun Travers said...

Congratulations James, that is a really fantastic milestone! You could not have planned it much better than 1.000.000 hits and 10 years at the same time :-)

Phil said...

What a milestone, always glad to read your beautiful posts James...

WimVdB said...

Congratulations!
You have a great blog!

RACE said...

Most impressive, particularly because you have managed to resist the temptation to capitalize on your success with advertisement dollars.